Literature, Art, Mode... the State of Style in the Paris of the South

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Anthropologie

Lately, I must be honest, I've found Anthropologie to be a bit disappointing. The past few seasons I feel like I've seen a lot less innovation, a lot of tired and reused cuts and patterns, and some overly-familiar trends that just felt like tweaks on last season. But today I checked them out expressly for a class assignment (who knows if it was really my subconscious trying to procrastinate) on what constitutes literature, thinking I would do a small examination of their clothing descriptions. And behold I found two, not one but, two pairs of shoes a devoutly had to have: a beautiful pair of notched, deep brown leather boots, and some luscious velvet draped heels. Both will be a boon this season. I leave them to you for deliberation:
'La Rochelle' Boots
(shout out to Gracie T.)


'Pinch-Pleat Heels'
(what a perfect color for this fall season)
 I also found a fair pair of woven boots on sale that I think deserve an honorable mention:
'Woven Saddle Boots'
Well, I can only afford one, help me out. For better viewing, check out Anthropologie shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Get the LR boots! You'd get so much use of them. Though I do love the Bordeaux-red heels... Their silhouette remind me of a green pair maybe that you have already tho?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your thinking of my miss sixty green pumps... they have a similar silhouette but aren't booties! or made of suede! or that luscious color!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Stylist, librarian, poet, writer, painter, musician, model, equestrian, eclectic, traveller, lover extraordinaire. Hemmingway enthusiast, Plath romanticist, 1940's historian.